Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nothing left but the wait

Yea, the package arrived this morning at 10:15 a.m. Of course, this was a day late, but what can you do. The selections went right back out at 10:45 a.m. Hopefully, this will get it back to the TIFF in time for the lottery. Their instructions say that you have to send it out by 5 p.m. on Thursday to insure that it gets there. So I should be safe. But customs has me worried after yesterday.

I got the Festival pass which lets you choose 50 films. I chose 45. I only chose 9 am shows on the two Saturdays and Sunday. There may be GREAT films showing in the 9 am hour, but they can just be a beating. It's like college.

In your freshman year, you chose classes that start at 8am. "Why not, I had to go to high school by then. No problem." It takes one semester for you to realize that you NEVER schedule 8am classes unless there is NO other choice. It's just physically impossible for you to have any degree of alertness that early in the morning when your staying out past midnight.

So I know better than to schedule too many 9 a.m.s. Instead noon is a good start to the day.

Once I receive notification of which films I got, I'll post.

Hope everyone else is having a fun time picking their films and good luck on the lottery.

1 comment:

GlenLake8 said...

Sorry you are having to suffer too. Although at least with your Gala passes you know at least some of your lineup. My package is in Indianapolis now (2am). Not sure why it isn't in Toronto yet. But it still says ETA is 10:30 a.m.