Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Less panic, still miffed

Talked to the TIFF box office and it seems a lot of the out-of-town packages were held up at customs. I now have a tracking number that let me know that it's IN TRANSIT.....to Memphis, TN. Not quite Dallas, TX where I need it to be. Again, I've basically got my movies picked out, but I have to get the form shipped back by tomorrow afternoon to make if for the lottery. If you don't make the lottery, you're SOL. And now, if there was customs problems getting here, might there be customs problems getting back? Aaarrgghhh.

I remember the good old days when we faxed our sheet in. Of course, even then there was the fear of "What if they didn't get the fax?" What if they lost my second page?" Can they read it? I'm sure it was nightmare for the TIFF staff.

This current way is still the best way to do it. No muss, no fuss. Customs just messed up the fun. I hate having to wait and wonder when it's going to arrive. Just like to have the program book in my hand and read about all the films that I have absolutely NO inclination to see.

The TIFFer who answered my call was very nice and helpful, so points to her. But that's not a surprise b/c the volunteers are typically very friendly.

1 comment:

Sutha said...

Hey there,

I came across your blog from the TIFF website. I work for a company called Ambient Vector. We make a product called Nakama that lets you take pictures and videos from your phone and publish them right up to your blog (even letting you use your voice to add comments on them) in a single step. We haven't launched this to the public yet, but since you're going to be at the film festival, we thought it's pretty likely that you'll be taking some cool pictures and videos with your phone, and it'd be cool to put them up on your blog!

The service is totally free... we just want to get your feedback on the product, and hopefully make it easier to share your film festival experience.

If you're interested, please send me a note at suthakamal@ambientvector.com. You can check out our blog at ambientvector.com/blog, or my own at suthakamal.blogspot.com if you'd like to learn a bit more about us. Thanks!

-Sutha