Sunday, August 27, 2006

Movies that I'm looking forward to - 2006

I've already got tickets to one film - the Gala for "Never Say Goodbye". This was the only Gala I bought for and it was strategic. Sorry, I can't help it. I'm from Dallas, so I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. The NFL season opens during the first Sunday of the festival and I have to stop down to watch the game. The game against Jacksonville is at 4 p.m. The Gala is at 1:30 p.m. I love Bollywood movies, plus since it's at the Roy Thomson Hall, when it's over, I will be within walking distance of the sports bars with time to get a table for the game.

Otherwise, I'm open for anything. I've noticed that I typically like most of the films that play at The Ryerson, so I'll be looking at films that play there that I've not heard of, and will give those more weight when choosing.

The following are some that I'm looking forward to: (in no particular order)
Babel
Bobby
Borat
Election 1 & 2
For Your Consideration
Kabul Express
Pan's Labyrinth
The Bothersome Man
The Host
Volver
Severance
Fay Grim
The Banquet

Can't wait. Less than two weeks away.

No comments: